Monday, November 25, 2013

Christmas Teepee


Good morning! Today I'm sharing what I'll be giving the kiddos for Christmas this year! In our house, we like to do ONE gift for the kids and a stocking with inexpensive goodies. As hubby and I have had children and are learning what traditions we'd like to have as a family, we're coming to the conclusion that we want our holidays to be stripped of all the bells and whistles and get back to the basics. Boycotting society and their constant push of BUY BUY BUY and the dissatisfaction of what you don't or think you should have. It's so stressful! Why do we do it?! Every year the malls are packed. Mommas load themselves with never ending lists for kids that really would be pumped to just play with the boxes these overpriced toys come in. By the time the holiday are gone, it was a blur and all that's left are toys that will become old news and a pile of debt to sit on to show for it. There's a frenzy of chaos that ensues when the holidays come around and I refuse to buy into it. R-E-F-U-S-E. I will not be stepping foot in a mall, anything I can hand make myself I will, and I intend on soaking up all of the precious memories that will be made by teaching our children about the true meaning of Christmas, giving back to those less fortunate, and letting them participate in the making of our Christmas. SO with that all being said, this year I intend on making the kids a tee-pee for Christmas! Complete with hanging lights, comfy pillows and lots of fun books to read in their new fort. I will be making it out of a canvas drop cloth you can find at any home improvement store as well as dowels you can find there as well. I'm really excited about the chevron print! I had a hard time trying to find an example of what I'd like it to look like but I'm thinking thick and large print with more messy lines than precise clean cut look. Ya pickin up what I'm tryna throw down? Here is what I've been scoping out for my fun Christmas tee pee!



I plan on taking plenty of pictures along with a tutorial when I'm finished. :)

What are your ideas for Christmas this year? I'm excited to share with you all in a few days a great family tradition we started last year that I'd love to pass on! 

Happy Monday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment